This pasta alternative is packed full of massive flavor!
- Slice the eggplant into strips (and leave the skin on).
- Mince 2-3 medium cloves of garlic.
- Mince 1 medium shallot.
- Sautee the garlic and shallot in extra virgin olive oil over medium-low heat until the shallots start to soften.
- Add the eggplant strips and toss until coated.
- Add salt & pepper and sautee for a few minutes.
- Slice some cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan along with one (1) small can of chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you want this to be a vegan dish).
- Stir the mixture well and cover.
- Let it cook until the eggplant becomes soft but not mushy. In pasta terms, “al dente”.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Check out the nutrition facts for eggplant: