This is a winning combo that’s great for brunch or dinner.
• 2 heaping handfuls of shredded collard greens
• 1 medium/large turnip (peeled & chopped)
• 1 can of cannellini beans (drained)
• 2 medium cloves of garlic (rough chop)
• 1 box vegetable broth
• 2-4 cups of water (enough to cover the vegetables)
• ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese (chopped/crumbled)
Add all ingredients except the cheese to a soup pot, cover and cook over medium heat until the turnips are fork tender.
Ladle into a blender and puree. Remember, the more broth you add the thinner the puree. Make it as thick or thin as you wish.
Plating: Add crumbled gorgonzola cheese over the soup and serve. It melts in the hot soup and gives it a great flavor!
• 7 eggs
• ½ cup milk (or cream if you want it thicker)
• 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
• 1 heaping handful of shredded collard greens
• 1 medium/large shallot
• 1 handful of cherry tomatoes (chopped or whole)
• Salt & pepper to taste
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (part skim/low-moisture)
• ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese (chopped)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs. Add all ingredients except the gorgonzola cheese to the bowl and incorporate with the eggs.
Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish.
Add crumbled/chopped gorgonzola cheese over the top.
Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes.