These beautiful Prince Edward Island mussels were PHENOMINAL! Steamed in chardonnay & vegetable broth with garlic, fresh thyme & parsley. Served with roasted asparagus, eggplant and endive. A to die for dinner ready in 20 minutes PREP TO PLATING!
4 lbs live mussels
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 cup vegetable broth
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mixed thyme & parsley
6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
½ medium eggplant, chopped
½ bunch thin asparagus
1 head endive, separated
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions for Roasting Vegetables:
1. Heat oven to 350⁰
2. Place veggies in a large bowl, season with salt & pepper & drizzle with oil.
3. Toss well to coat all veggies.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes (until fork tender).
Directions for Steaming Mussels:
1. Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
2. Using your fingers or paring knife, remove strings that hang from the mussel shells.
3. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, garlic, salt, thyme & parsley.
4. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high.
6. Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
7. Stir in butter.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Serve immediately.