- Mini sweet peppers
- Brown Rice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Cut the top off of the pepper and clean out the seeds and rinse in cool water
- Put water in a baking dish, enough to cover the bottom and place peppers in the dish.
- Cover and microwave for approx. 10-15 minutes (depending upon the power of your microwave).
- Check the peppers. They should be pliable but still firm.
- Turn your oven on to Broil (on high)
- Drain the water from the dish and from inside the peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with the brown rice.
- Place back in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil for about 5-7 minutes (just until the skin begins to char).
Serve as a side dish or make it your entrée!