Whether you participate in “Meatless Mondays”, you’re a vegetarian or you don’t have any meat in the house and don’t feel like running out to the grocery store, this is a fantastic, one-pot meal that’s tasty, filling and family friendly!
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 celery stalks
- 10 mini sweet peppers (red, yellow, orange) or any peppers you have on hand
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
- ¼ half-n-half (or milk)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and prep your veggies.
- Set oven to broil (high)
- Chop celery, peppers and eggplant and place in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper
- Once water boils add the pasta to the pot then place the veggies in the oven (you want them to be cooking at the same time)
- When pasta is cooked (al dente) drain it.
- Remove the veggies from the oven
- Turn the oven from broil to bake at 375 degrees
- Beat eggs and milk together
- Pour drained pasta into the pan with the veggies and mix well
- Pour eggs over the pasta & veggies and mix
- Bake in the oven until the eggs set approx 15 minutes
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and serve hot