Do you have fussy eaters who refuse to eat broccoli (or any other green vegetable for that matter)? Then this deceptively delicious (and nutritious) dish is just what you’ve been looking for!
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 4 potatoes
- Thyme & Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Place broccoli in a medium pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Peel & chop the potatoes, place in a medium pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken tenders on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, thyme & rosemary.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When broccoli & potatoes are fork tender drain them and place both in a large bowl.
- Mash and whip with an electric hand mixer, add half-n-half and keep mixing until you achieve the desired consistency (some like it creamy, some like it lumpy).
- Season potato-broccoli mash with butter and salt.
Plate and enjoy! You may be asked why the mash is green….get creative with your answers! Think like Dr. Seuss and “Green Eggs & Ham”!