If there’s one thing I DESPISE it’s wasting food. On the flip side, if there’s one thing I LOVE it’s giving leftovers a makeover and making them in to a completely new dish and these veggie cakes are no exception. They are perfect for any meal of the day and ready in 20-30 minutes. I made these for brunch with some poached eggs and black bread toast and was thoroughly pleased with my recycled edibles!
- Sautéed spaghetti squash, zucchini & tomatoes (see “Squash your Hunger with this Dish!” for the recipe)
- Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 357 degrees.
- Place leftovers in a large mixing bowl.
- Add some breadcrumbs and cheese and mix gently.
- Keep adding the dry ingredients until the mixture has a drier texture and can be handled and molded.
- You can either shape into patties and place on a non=-stick baking sheet but I spooned them into a whoopie pie pan.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes then turn the oven to BROIL (high) and cook for another 5 minutes until the tops crisp and brown a bit.
Serve them up hot and enjoy!