I LOVE LEEKS! They are full of Vitamin A and K, have a mild onion-like flavor that works well in soups and a variety of other dishes and they’re LOW CAL (one cup of leeks contains only 54 calories).
My favorite way to prepare leeks is to roast them in the oven. It’s easy, fast and DELICIOUS!
- 3 medium/large Leeks
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash leeks
- Chop off the roots and any portion of the top that is brown
- Slice down the center and rewash
- Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil , salt & pepper
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes
- Serve them hot and enjoy!