Lemon is so refreshing and the combination of sweet and tart with salty capers and the lovely peppery flavor of arugula was a home run!
- Thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts (as many as you want)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 container of chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Italian flavored croutons
- 4 medium cloves garlic (minced)
- Tri-colored tortellini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sweat the garlic in the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium/low heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and season with salt & pepper and add 2-3 fork scoops of capers.
- Brown the chicken slightly on both sides then add 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and the butter.
- Slice the lemon and place slices over the chicken. Cover the pan ans let it simmer over medium heat.
- Bring water to a boil, cook the tortellini, drain and set aside.
- Place freshly washed arugula on a plate, add the tortellini, place chicken on top and finish off with crushed Italian seasoned croutons for a lovely crunch.