So simple, so sumptuous is say yes every time. These ingredients will NEVER get divorced!
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- Parmesan cheese
- Bread crumbs (Italian seasoned)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup chopped (fresh) basil
- 1 small box of orzo
- 2 cartons of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water (or 1 cup water and 1 cup dry white wine ex: Chardonnay)
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (for the orzo).
- In a separate pot combine chicken broth, water (and wine-optional) and (raw) meatballs and bring to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, garlic, ground meat, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, bread crumbs and cheese.
- Mix well & form meatballs
- Pour orzo into boiling liquid and cook over medium/high heat until cooked.
- Drain orzo and set aside.
- Once the chicken stock has come to a boil check the meatballs to ensure that they have cook through completely.
- Add the baby spinach and let it reduce (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add one scoop of orzo to a bowl.
- Ladle soup over it and serve hot.