I never realized how many people love deviled eggs! It’s a simple dish that you can make the day before, bring along to any get together or have on your dinner table. Here’s an egg-stremely simple and delicious recipe!
- 12 Eggs
- Smoked Paprika
- Dry Mustard
- Hard boil the eggs
- Carefully place the (cold) eggs in a pot and cover with cold water
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat
- Once the water is boiling set the timer for 7 minutes
- After 7 minutes of steady boiling turn off the heat and let the water & eggs cool to room temperature
- Remove the eggs and place in a bowl to cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Squeeze the white gently over a small bowl and the yolk will pop out
- smoosh the yolks with a fork until smooth (no lumps)
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise and one teaspoon of dry mustard and mix well
- Add a dash of salt & pepper, mix well and taste. You can always add more seasonings and mayo as needed but you can never take them out so add sparingly and carefully until you achieve the desired taste
- Carefully spoon the mixture back into the egg whites, sprinkle with smoked paprika and chill for about 30 min-1 hr. before serving.