I always thought that beets tasted like dirt and I always turned my nose up at them, so I set out to discover a recipe that would turn these radiantly red root veggies into a delectable dish that I couldn’t say anything bad about.
- 6 medium/large beets with stems & leaves
- 1 small bag of radishes
- 1 medium bunch of kale
- Extra virgin olive oil
- slat & pepper (to taste)
- 1 handful of cipollini onions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the stems w/leaves off the beet and reserve for later use.
- Peel the beets and chop into small/medium chunks.
- Cut the ends off the radishes and slice in half.
- Place beets and radishes in a large bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss well.
- Place in an oven safe dish and bake until the veggies are fork tender (approx 20-30 minutes).
- Wash and chop the beet stems, leaves and kale.
- Peel and chop the cipollini onions and add all to a large saute pan.
- Drizzle with extra virgin oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, cover and cook over medium heat until the greens have wilted.
- Once the beets and radishes are finished cooking add the greens to the baking dish, mix and serve hot.