Think “comfort food” can’t be healthy? Think again! Here’s a great big pot of healthy deliciousiousness that comforts you from the inside out!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 6 stalks of celery (with the leaves)
- 6-8 cipollini onions
- 2 (small) cans chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt & pepper (to taste)
- 8-10 chicken thighs (skinned)
- 1 bag of barley
- Place the skinned chicken thighs in the bottom of a large crock pot (I use a 7 quart oval pot).
- Wash and chop (into large chunks) the sweet potatoes and celery and add-on top of the chicken.
- Wash rosemary, remove from stem and add to the pot.
- Add chicken broth, salt & pepper.
- Cover and set to high for 6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, make the barley (according to the directions on the back of the package).
Serve immediately and enjoy!