In the mood for pasta but not for a heavy sauce? Well grab some veggies and get cookin’!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 small bunch of kale
- 1 box farfalle
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- 2-3 medium cloves of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and start your water for pasta.
- Peel, de-seed and chop the squash into cubes.
- Place squash in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and mix gently so all the cubes are coated.
- Spread out the squash onto a baking sheet and bake until fork tender (approx. 25 minutes).
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until aldente.
- Coat the bottom of a large frying pan with olive oil.
- Add minced garlic, salt, pepper and cook (sweat) over low heat.
- Add chopped kale, about 1/4 cup of water and toss gently in the pan. Cover and let the kale reduce/wilt.
- Drain pasta and add to a large bowl immediately.
- Add 2 large spoons of ricotta cheese and mix well. The heat from the pasta will melt the ricotta as you toss. I also added the last of my shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Add the roasted squash and the kale with the olive oil and garlic from the pan.
Toss gently and enjoy!