Cooking is my aroma-therapy. Your sense of smell permeates your memory connects you to a moment in time, or a favorite meal. This dish reminded me of the Fall season, Thanksgiving and the coziness of home. I hope it does the same for you.
- 6 Turkey Tenderloins
- 2 medium Butternut Squash
- 1 large Shallot
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place turkey in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper, thyme & rosemary.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check the inner temperature of the meal. Fully cooked turkey should reach 165 degrees.
- Uncover and bake longer if necessary.
MASHED APPLE & SHALLOT BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- Peel, seed and chop squash, place in a pot of water, bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Add chopped apples, minced shallots, oil, salt & pepper to a large frying pan.
- Saute over medium heat until the apples reduce.
- Drain the squash & place back in the pot.
- Add Apples & shallots to the squash and mash.