This simple and delicious dish is made in under one hour, will satisfy and impress your dinner guests and it’s GUILT FREE!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1-2 per guest depending on size of breast)
- Fresh Green Beans (small bunch)
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or block)
- Fresh Garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Fresh Spinach & Whole Wheat Parpadelle (1/2 lb. each depending upon number of guests)
- Tomatoes on the Vine (approx. 6-8)
- Fresh Basil (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken breast.
- Fill it with green beans, sliced red peppers, minced garlic (2 cloves worth), sliced mozzarella cheese
- Close the chicken and secure it with toothpicks so it doesn’t open while cooking.
- Place stuffed breasts in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt & pepper, drizzle with oil, place 1/4 water in the dish, cover with foil and back for 25 minutes. Uncover a cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Fresh Tomato Sauce
While the chicken is baking…….
- Cover the bottom of a large frying pan with oil, add minced garlic, salt & pepper and sweat the garlic over low heat (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add chopped tomatoes, drizzle with more olive oil, chopped basil (to taste), increase to medium heat and let the tomatoes reduce (stirring occasionally).
- Add parpadelle to boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and add to tomato sauce and toss gently.
When the chicken is finished, remove toothpicks, slice and place on the plate so you can see the stuffing. Add the pasta to the plate and pour some sauce over the chicken (if desired).