One of my customers wants to eat more organic and completely healthy so I love taking a classic meal and tweaking it to the customer’s needs. Here’s my organic, vegan take on the classic stuffed peppers.
- 3 Sweet Peppers (1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow)
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bag Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 medium bunch Organic Kale
- 1/2 bag Organic Herbed Stuffing
- 6-8 Organic Mushrooms
- 1 cup Organic Herbed Croutons
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 box Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Large Organic Shallot
- Cut peppers in half, remove the stem & seeds.
- Wash, dry and place in a baking dish (cut side up).
- Prepare stuffing according to the directions on the back of the package (using the organic vegetable broth).
- Clean and slice the mushrooms & shallot and saute in olive oil with salt & pepper until tender.
- Add mushrooms & shallots to the stuffing, mix gently and fill each pepper half with the stuffing.
- Top with sprouts, drizzle with olive oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the dish, cover and bake for 15 minutes (or until peppers are softened but not mushy. They should hold their shape and support the filling).
- Place Chopped kale and baby spinach in a medium pot.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, drizzle with oil, add salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the kale has wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Crush croutons into smaller chunks.
Plating: With tongs, take the sautéed greens from the pot and place in the center of the dish and sprinkle the crouton chunks over them. Place a pepper on top and enjoy!