I saw this done with skirt steak but since the grocery store only had thin sliced bottom round steak I made due. These individual meat rolls are great for a quick weeknight dinner because they only take less than 10 minutes to cook!
- 10 thin sliced bottom round steak (usually come in 5/pack)
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese
- 1/4 lb salami
- 1/4 lb capicola
- 1/4 lb prosciutto
- 3 medium cloves of garlic (minced)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 10 pieces of kitchen string
- Remove rosemary from stems and saute over low/medium heat in olive oil until slightly crisp (approx. 5 minutes)
- Line steaks on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary & parsley.
- Start layering with one piece of each: salami, capicola, prosciutto, provolone.
- Roll tightly and secure with kitchen string.
- Place in a baking dish, drizzle with oil.
- Broil on high for 5-8 minutes.
- Let them sit for a minute or two and cut off the string before serving.
Yield: 5 servings