Not wanting to waste any food it was about that time again for me to clear out the veggie drawer and give my leftovers a makeover so last night we had a white poultry stew over rice and it did NOT disappoint!
- Random veggies:
- Green & Red Cabbage
- Red Onion
- Baby Carrots
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1.5 lbs Ground Turkey
- Leftover Chicken (I used baked herb chicken tenders)
- 2 cans Chicken Broth
- 1 small container Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Water
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Brown the ground turkey, drain and add to a large stock pot
- Chop all veggies and leftover chicken and add to the pot with the rest of the ingredients
- Cook until the veggies are fork tender.
- Prepare the rice as per the directions on the back of the package
- Serve it up hot over the rice!
This dish also freezes well.