In the mood for pasta with meatballs but don’t have the time? Try this quick alternative of ravioli with “unrolled” meatballs in a quick, light & chunky marinara. DINNER IN 20 MINUTES!
- 2 bags cheese ravioli
- 1 lb. ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 6 ripe tomatoes on the vine
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large coves garlic
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- fresh & dried basil (to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, dried basil, salt & pepper to a large frying pan and brown the meat.
- Coat the bottom of a medium sauce pot with the olive oil, add remaining (minced) garlic and saute over low/medium heat.
- Stir once the garlic starts to sizzle and add chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, salt & pepper (to taste) and broth. Let it simmer until the tomatoes reduce stirring occasionally.
- Scoop the ground meat from the frying pan with a slotted spoon (letting he grease drip off), add to the sauce and mix gently.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the ravioli and cook until the ravioli float to the top (about 5-7 minutes)