Here’s another great compound butter to keep on hand. A little effort goes a long way! Everything is better with butter.
- 2 pounds butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Sage (dried or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary (dried or fresh)
*I prefer using fresh herbs but some may find the flavor of fresh rosemary too strong. Mixing fresh and dried is also acceptable.
- Place (room temperature) butter in a large bowl and beat until smooth. You can use a hand mixer or a Kitchen Aid mixer (using the batter paddle)
- Add the herbs and mix gently until fully incorporated with the butter.
- Scoop some of the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper, form into a log and roll, twisting the ends tight.
- Continue until you roll all of the mixture (makes 3-4 logs).
- Mark the date and put in the freezer for future use.