Compound butters should be a staple in every kitchen. With just a little bit of effort you can make your food go from ordinary to extraordinary! Have a snack or breakfast of bread & butter, finish off your steak with it, add it to soups and sauces. It keeps for months in the freezer and can be your secret weapon when you want to keep people guessing. So when someone asks you, “How did you do it? What’s your secret ingredient?” You can coyly smile, wink and continue eating. KEEP ‘EM GUESSING AND COMING BACK FOR MORE! Everything is better with butter.
- 2 pounds butter (room temperature)
- 1.5 cups sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 pound bacon (cooked then crumbled)
- 4-5 large oven roasted shallots (roughly chopped)
- Place (room temperature) butter in a large bowl and beat until smooth. You can use a hand mixer or a Kitchen Aid mixer (using the batter paddle)
- Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes, crumbled/chopped bacon and roughly chopped shallots.
- Mix gently until fully incorporated with the butter.
- Scoop some of the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper, form into a log and roll, twisting the ends tight.
- Continue until you roll all of the mixture (makes 3-4 logs).
- Mark the date and put in the freezer for future use.