Oh creamy & delicious Yukon Gold potatoes….how I love you. If you want roasted, baked or gnocchi reach for the russets but when it comes to mashed or soup GO FOR THE GOLD!
- 3 large shallots
- 10 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and parsley (dried or fresh). Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Roughly chop the shallots, chop the potatoes (leave the skin on) and place in a soup pot.
- Add just enough water to cover the potatoes, cover and cook over medium high heat until the potatoes are fork tender.
- DO NOT DRAIN. Add the cream, salt, pepper and blend with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the cheese and stir until fully incorporated.
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave for 8-10 minutes then add to the soup.
- Chop broccoli crowns and place in a microwavable bowl and cover with water.
- Cook on high for 8- 10 minutes then drain.
- Chop up some chicken, add it to the soup and enjoy!