I’ve never appreciated lentils until lately so I feel compelled to share this recipe with everyone.
- 1 1 lb. bag of red lentils
- 5 large cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 large onion
- 6 cups water
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- * optional : 3 baked chicken tenders (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon (dried) basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place lentils in a medium sauce pot, add 6 ups of water.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until the lentils have absorbed all the water (stirring regularly).
- Add crushed tomatoes, add basil, salt & pepper and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Optional: Add chopped baked chicken tenders.