Simplicity at its finest. I love the flavor that grilling gives to food and this dish is no exception. With the fewest of ingredients you can have an amazingly satisfying meal that won’t break your budget or your waistline.
- 1 fillet of cod
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 handful mixed greens
- 1 medium zucchini
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the grill
- Cut the zucchini in half and place cut side up.
- Cut the pepper in half, clean out the seeds and place cut side up.
- Trim the greens from the leek, cut off the root and cut in half (lengthwise) and place cut side up.
- Drizzle all vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the cod and season with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Coat a small pan with cooking spray (vegetable or olive oil), place the cod in it an grill the fish in the pan on the grill.
- Place the vegetables cut side down directly on the grill.
- Grill the vegetables for a few minutes until you see some charring. Flip and grill for another minute or two.
- Gently flip the fish in the pan after after a few minutes. The cod shouldn’t take more than 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the piece.
- Place the mixed greens on a plate and put the grilled vegetables over them.
- Place the cod next to the veggies, squeeze fresh lemon juice over it and enjoy!