For a dish full of flavorful goodness that is still healthy try this on for size!
- 1 package turkey kielbasa (sliced)
- 1 large chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 6 medium potatoes (russets, red, fingerlings-your choice)
- 1 bag chopped kale
- 4 medium cloves of garlic (minced)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into bite sized pieces, coat with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss well. Prepare a baking sheet with vegetable spray, place potatoes on the sheet and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes (or until fork tender). Check on the potatoes at about 10 minutes and mix/flip to ensure even browning.
- In a medium/large frying pan, coat onions in extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle salt over them and cook over medium heat until they become translucent and start to caramelize. Place onions in a bowl.
- Place chicken in the same pan, coat with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat. Just as the chicken is finishing up cooking add 2 Tablespoons of herb butter. Continue cooking until butter has melted. Remove chicken form the pan and place in the bowl with the onions.
- In the same pan add the turkey kielbasa and cook until browned then add to the chicken and onion mixture.
- Place kale in a large sauce pot, add approx. 1/2 water, the minced garlic, 1-2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat (stirring occasionally) until tender.
Mix all ingredients together and serve in a bowl or place the kale on a plate first and pile meat and potato mixture on top.