This simple summertime dish is bursting with refreshing flavors and is sure to be a crowd pleaser for your next gathering or even just the perfect dinner for one!
- 1 cod fillet
- 1 Tbsp. Capers (drained)
- 1 small lemon (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. dried lemon balm
- salt & pepper to taste
- Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 box rice pilaf
- ½ cup chopped/shredded salad mix
- 1 lime (for juice)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
*If you don’t have Tuscan Herb Oil you can mix a blend of these dried herbs and either infuse them into the oil or simply sprinkle them over the fish: basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme rosemary and garlic powder
- Set your oven to BROIL on HIGH.
- Prepare the pilaf as per the directions on the box.
- Prep the fish:
- Line a baking dish with foil
- Place the fish on the foil
- Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, herbs lemon balm, capers and top with sliced lemons
- Add water to the dish
- Cover with aluminum foil and broil on high for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes uncover and broil for another 10.
- In a medium bowl combine pilaf, salad mix, chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime.
- Mix until the flavors are fully incorporated.
Place rice in the center of a plate and place the fish on top of the rice.
Or if it’s Taco Tuesday:
Take a tortilla or hard taco shell add the rice and cod and have an awesome fish taco!