Here’s a summer rice dish that explodes with flavor in every bite! Whether you need to bring a dish somewhere or are having company over who doesn’t subscribe to the ways of the carnivore, you can make this and please all pallets. The brightness of the cilantro and lime is so refreshing and the sweetness of the fresh fruit in season will make your taste-buds scream for a second helping!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 fresh peaches (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- juice from 1 1/2 limes
- salt (to taste)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- Cook the rice in either a rice cooker or on the stove top (2 cups dry rice and 4 cups water)
- Let the rice cool a bit then add all other ingredients and mix well
Serve as a side dish or main course for vegetarians & vegans.