This lovely salad is simple, delicious with ingredients that can be adjusted to showcase vegetables in season.
- 2 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 2 medium yellow squash (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 3 large beets (chopped)
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes
- 1 container mixed greens
- Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar (purchased from Spice It Up in Beach Haven, NJ http://www.spiceituplbi.com)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Prep baking sheets with cooking spray
- Place chopped vegetables on the sheets, drizzle with EVOO, salt & pepper and mix gently
- Place the beets in a deeper baking pan, season and cook separately (the color bleeds)
- Roast for approx. 15-20 minutes (until tender but not mushy). The beets may take longer.
- Let them cool to room temperature, refrigerate then add to mixed greens, toss and dress with the balsamic when ready to serve.