Variety is the spice of life so why not eat one dish several different ways? I recently had an abundance of cabbage, so I whipped up a little something nourishing and nutritious.
- 1 medium head red cabbage
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 6-8 Russet potatoes
- 4 apples (any variety)
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- extra virgin olivbe oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 dregrees
- Roughly chop all ingredents and add to a roasting pan
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt & pepper (to taste), add water and mix gently
- Cover and cook for 25-35 minutes (until fork tender)
You could eat this as a main or side dish. Add some vegetable stock to it, chop up the potatoes and apples smaller and enjoy it as a rustic soup or puree everything, add some kielbasa and enjoy it as a hearty, stick to your ribs stew!