October produce is hearty, tasty and colorful so I couldn’t resist creating a little fall medley with cauliflower, carrots and leeks. This roasted dish can be eaten as a side dish or a soup.
- 1 head orange cauliflower
- 1 bunch of leeks (about 3)
- 1 lb. bag carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Wash cauliflower and separate the florets from the head
- Wash the leeks and roughly chop (whites only). Save the green tops for later (soup, stock, etc.)
- Peel and chop the carrots and add all vegetables to a large baking dish.
- drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, add 1/3 cup water, cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for another 20-30 minutes (until the cauliflower is fork tender)
- Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces, add the vegetables to a bow with hot vegetable stock.
- Add cooked vegetables to a blender with 2 cups of vegetable broth, use food processor setting to chop the veggies then use puree setting until smooth.