Stuff, roll, cook & eat! On that note……..
- 2.5lb. veal cutlets
- 1 4oz. package prosciutto
- 1 small package baby bella mushrooms
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups Cabernet Savignon
- 4 cups veal stock (you can substitute with beef stock)
- mixed herbs: thyme, rosemary, parsley (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 small bunch/package baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Cut kitchen string into pieces long enough to tie around the veal roll (approx. 6″)
- lay the veal cutlet out flat, layer (in order) prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms, salt & pepper
- Roll up the cutlet and tie together on each end
- Repeat this process until all cutlets are stuffed and rolled.
- Place rolls in a large frying pan and lightly sprinkle both sides with sugar
- Add butter to pan and brown cutlets on both sides
- Place browned cutlets into a roasting pan, add wine, stock, herbs & onion
- cover and cook at 300 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove cutlets from the pan and set aside
- Add liquid & herbal content from the roasting pan to a blender (little by little) and puree
- Run pureed liquid through a cheesecloth and strainer so you’re left with liquids only.
- Place strained liquids in a pan and heat on high and reduce by half (this makes the liquid thicker)
- Cut off string from the veal roll, slice, pour reduction sauce over the veal and enjoy every bite.