If you love the flavors of fall as much as I do then I know you’ll love this recipe. The sweetness of the apples, the crunch of the celery and the earthiness of the mushrooms make this a winner winner chicken dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 apples (any variety)
- 3 ribs of celery
- 1 small package baby bella mushrooms
- fresh thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (chardonnay works well)
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove excess fat from chicken breasts and butterfly them.
- Add chopped apples & celery, close the breast and tie closed with kitchen string.
- Place in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes (safe chicken temp should be 165 degrees).
Fall Marsala Sauce
- Remove stems, slice mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper and saute until soft (but not mushy).
- Add fresh thyme sprigs, Marsala wine and cook about 5 minutes.
- Put sauce in a blender and puree.
Pour the puree over the chicken, serve with rice or potatoes (mashed or roasted) and enjoy!