These bite sized little gems are so easy to make that they could become your “go-to” dessert. Great for gatherings of any kind, these sweet treats are a crowd pleaser! I used a mini muffin tin to get bite sized treats but you could also use a regular sized muffin tin for larger cookie cups.
- 1 16.5oz. package Nestle Toll House oatmeal raisin cookie dough
- Place one dough square in each mini muffin cup and push dough gently to fill the cup shape
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooking rack.
- Immediately take something with a round, 3/4″ diameter and gently push down on the center of each cookie to create a pocket that will hold the applesauce (I used one of my rolling pins). The cookie will hold this shape as it cools.
- Let them cool completely then fill with a spoonful of your favorite applesauce.
I made my own applesauce:
- 1 bag of your favorite apples, peeled, cleaned and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Mash and enjoy hot or cold.