This tart is perfect for a brunch or makes a great appetizer for parties.
Spaghetti Squash & Mushroom Alfredo Tart
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 small package baby bella mushrooms
- 1 box cream cheese
- 1 cup light cream
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried Italian seasonings
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- On a floured surface, roll out thawed puff pastry to fit into a tart pan or a shallow rectangular (greased) baking dish. Roll out enough to have an overhang on the sides then tuck under and crimp the edges.
- Poke the dough all over with a fork and blind bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the squash in half (lengthwise), remove the seeds and place halves cut side down into a pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the meat of the squash is fork tender (approx. 20-30 minutes).
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle scrape out the meat with a fork in long strokes so you get the spaghetti-like noodles.
- In a medium fry pan saute slice stemmed mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil and season lightly with salt & pepper. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium fry pan melt cream cheese into the light cream (stirring often).
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder & Italian seasonings (to taste).
- Stir and set aside to cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, gently fold the squash into the cream sauce.
- Spread the mixture on to the puff pastry and top with the sauteed mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.