This dish warms the soul, nourishes the body and feeds the masses! It also freezes well so if you put this in single serving freezer safe containers you can have it any time you want.
ATTENTION VEGETERIANS, VEGANS: Omit the meat and you’ve got a fantastic dish!
MEMBERS OF THE GLUTEN FREE COMMUNITY: This is a dish for you!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 packages sweet Italian sausage
- 3 cups rice
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium bunch parsley
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 ribs celery
- 4 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 small package fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- salt & pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1 container baby spinach
- Place chicken in a pot of water, add 2 Tbsp. salt, bring to a boil and cook until entirely cooked through (approx. 30 minutes). Remove from water, place on a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a frying pan. Once finished cut into slices and add it to the bowl of shredded chicken.
- Add 3 cups of rice and 6 cups of water to a rice cooker, set to cook and the rice will be done as soon as you’re stew is ready. If you don’t have a rice cooker just cook it on the stove top (see directions on the rice package).
- Chop all vegetables and herbs and add to a large stock pot with stick and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the harder vegetables (carrots, potatoes) are fork tender.
- Add baby spinach and stir into the soup.
- Add veggie soup to a blender (filling it only half way at a time) and use the food processor setting to chop all ingredients then use the puree setting to make it smooth and creamy. Add to the bowl of meat and continue until all of the soup is pureed.
- Season with fresh cracked pepper, stir gently until everything is incorporated.
Place 2-3 scoops of rice in the bottom of the bowl, ladle stew on top, mix and enjoy!