Whether you are looking for a simple yet elegant brunch dish or just cooking for one, these baked egg cups are the perfect choice. You can fill the cup with anything you like. I used baby spinach, cheddar cheese and ham.
- 4-6 baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ham
- 1 tsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 splash of half-n-half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter (or use cooking spray) the inside of a ramekin.
- Rip spinach leaves in half and pace in the bottom of the ramekin.
- Add chopped ham and cheese, season with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Make a well in the center of the cup pushing the ingredients to the sides.
- Crack the egg and pour into the ramekin making sure the yolk is in the center or the well.
- Carefully pour the half-n-half around the yolk.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.