I love hearty stews that cook slowly all day long but when you’re busy, don’t have the luxury of time but still want a scrumptious dish you can still grab a few ingredients and have at it!
- 2 large, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (small) bag frozen carrots or 2 large fresh carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 6 red potatoes (chopped)
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 large sprig fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Bella Vidalia spread
- 2 cups cooked rice
*1 Tbsp. of dried herbs can be substituted for fresh herbs. Check my blog for the Bella Vidalia Spread recipe. It keeps well in the refrigerator and is great to keep on hand to add to other recipes like this one!
- Place a 3-4 inch deep cast iron pan on the stove top over high heat and get it nice and hot.
- Melt the butter and add the cubed chicken and salt.
- Once the chicken is browned add all the other ingredients, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for approx. 20 minutes (until the vegetables are fork tender).
Place cooked rice in the bottom of a bowl, add the stew on top, mix and enjoy your ladle of love!