As hard as I am trying to cut red meat out of my diet I could not pass up this quick and yummy dish. It’s a great treat…this is my “dessert”. Yields 2 servings.
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 small onion
- chicken stock
- 2 thin sliced steaks
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts
- extra virgin olive oil
- Saute chopped celery & onion in a pan with olive oil until tender.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, cover the pan, turn the heat up to high and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add 2 cups stuffing mix and stir. Remove from heat, keep covered and allow the stuffing to absorb the liquid.
- Season steak with salt & pepper on both sides and spread stuffing mixture across the steak. Roll and secure the roll with kitchen string.
- Place in a baking dish, put one tablespoon of butter on top of each roll, cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Place sprouts in a bowl and cover with water.
- Microwave for 10 minutes (or use frozen sprouts and heat according to the package).
- Drain the sprouts, season with butter, salt & pepper.