Always in search of a different way to eat my veggies I created a meatless, vegan, gluten-free meatloaf that has quickly become a favorite!
- 3 cans chick peas (drained)
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free optional)
- Place (drained) chick peas into a food processor and add oil slowly until the consistency of the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer chick pea mix into a bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a prepared loaf pan and bake (covered) for 50-60 minutes
- To prepare the loaf pan spray it with cooking spray, line with wax paper, spray the wax paper then pour mixture into it.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a serving dish and carefully remove the wax paper.
- Top with tzatziki sauce and enjoy!
- 1 cup Greek whole milk yogurt
- 1 cucumber (seeded, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or dried)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix well and chill for an hour before use