This recipe is just as delicious without the chicken to make a vegetarian meal but if you don’t mind the chicken I highly recommend this creamy, cozy, gluten-free meal on a cold night.
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 large turnip (peeled and chunked)
- 3 large carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 3 ribs of celery (cleaned & chopped)
- 1 large shallot (roughly chopped)
- 4 cups water
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 cans small while beans (drained)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Place all ingredients except the (heavy cream and sour cream) n a crock pot and cook on high 6 hours.
- Remove all chicken from the pot, place on a cutting board and shred with forks.
- Remove half of the bean and vegetable mixture with a slotted spoon into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream and heavy cream to the remaining mixture and liquid and puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Mix everything back together, serve over rice or with bread.