When you can’t have Mom’s chicken soup and don’t care for all of the “unknowns” in canned soups on the market today, try this recipe.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 3 ribs of celery (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 medium cloves garlic (minced)
- 64 oz. chicken stock (gluten-free stock is optional)
- 32 oz. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooked rice or pasta (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil until the chicken is cooked through (approx. 25-30 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred with a fork. Replace chicken to the pot and enjoy or add cooked rice or cooked pasta.