If you haven’t figured it out by now, I love leftovers and I don’t waste ANYTHING. Since I had some unused cabbage leftover from St. Patrick’s Day and a few odds and ends in the fridge that needed to be used up I threw it all in a wok and had a fantastic meal.
- 1/2 head of cabbage (shredded)
- beet stems & greens (chopped – NEVER get rid of the stems and greens from root vegetables)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped – stems and all!)
- baby bella mushrooms (sliced – I had about 5 oz. leftover)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- soy sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
I recommend cooking the cabbage first since it will take the longest, then transfer it to a large mixing bowl, cook the remaining ingredients, add to the mixing bowl, toss to incorporate all the ingredients. Also, if you don’t have a wok just use a large, deep frying pan.
- Oil your wok (I usually use vegetable oil, but I had just run out so used extra virgin olive oil. You can also use vegetable cooking spray) and heat over a medium-high flame.
- Add the cabbage to the wok, drizzle with oil, toss and season with salt & pepper (to taste). Cook until the cabbage softens and reduces, tossing frequently.
- Place the cooked cabbage in a large mixing bowl and cook the remaining ingredients also drizzling with oil and seasoning lightly with salt & pepper (to taste).
- Once finished, add to the mixing bowl, toss to incorporate all the ingredients. Drizzle with soy sauce (I use the kind with less sodium).
- Serve as is or over rice.
I also added some Lemon Green Tahini Dressing on top by Wozz! and really enjoyed it. Check out their products online: https://www.wozzkitchencreations.com/
Wozz! products can also be found locally at Spice It Up in Beach Haven, NJ or on their website: https://spiceituplbi.com/