Everything’s better with butter and vodka!
- 1 package thin cut, skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chiffonade)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 medium-large zucchini
- 2 lemons – juiced
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides and cook all the way through.
- Repeat process until all of the chicken has been cooked adding butter 1 Tbsp. at a time as needed.
- Remove chicken from the pan, place in a casserole dish and cover.
- Add vodka and deglaze the pan. Using a spatula gently scrape up all of the browning crusts from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock, garlic, capers and lemon juice, simmer and reduce the liquid by half.
- Using a spiralizer or Veggetti cut your zucchini noodles (‘zoodles’).
- Once the sauce has reduced remove it from the heat and pour through a strainer into a gravy dish.
- Place the raw zoodles on a plate, top with chicken, add a few marinated artichoke hearts, pour the sauce over the dish, top with fresh basil and enjoy. You can also add the capers back into the dish if you so desire.