Butternut squash is delicious anyway choose to eat it and it has wonderful health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties, is full of antioxidants, vitamin C, and provides a good amount of five B-complex vitamins: B1, B3, B6, pantothenic acid, and folate. Also high in fiber, it aids in regularity and is a great support to the cardiovascular system, making it a heart healthy veggie <3!
This vegan dish is also gluten-free. Are you ready? Let’s dive in to this bowl of deliciousness!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- gluten-free breadcrumbs
- dried Italian seasonings
*If you don’t want to make these gluten-free you can use seasoned Italian breadcrumbs or seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the squash, remove the seeds and cut lengthwise into spears.
- Put the squash spears in a large mixing bowl, coat with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs and toss gently ensuring all slices are coated.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the spears over with a spatula and bake for another 15-20 minutes (until fork tender but not mushy).
Yes, it’s really that simple!