It’s meatless meal mania over here!
- 1 box arborio rice (approx. 4 cups)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 large shallots (diced)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz. baby bella mushrooms (cleaned, destemmed, sliced)
- 1 medium bunch thin asparagus (trimmed & chopped into 1″ pieces)
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, deseeded, cut into spears)
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian seasonings
- 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put squash spears in a large mixing bowl, coat with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs and toss gently ensuring all slices are coated.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the spears and bake for another 15-20 minutes (until fork tender but not mushy).
- Place trimmed asparagus on a prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes (with the final bake of the squash).
- Melt the butter in a large, 3″-4″ deep pan. Add the shallots and saute until softened.
- Add arborio rice to the pan and toast lightly.
- Add liquid to the rice 2 cups at a time allowing the rice to absorb the liquid, stirring frequently until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add mushrooms to a large frying pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and add the rosemary. Saute until soft (but not mushy).
- Chop asparagus into 1″ pieces and add to the risotto along with the sautéed mushrooms. Mix to incorporate all the ingredients.
Spoon risotto into a bowl and top with the squash.